1 post • joined Tuesday 25th March 2008 17:10 GMT
More to Steam than just the pressure
Much more energy in steam than compressed air, steam is stored as very hot water under pressure.
Electric catapults? sci-fi twonk for the labs.
The carriers should be Nuclear powered. Plenty of catapult steam available then. They wouldn't need refuelling every week either.
- Xmas Round-up Ten top tech toys to interface with a techie’s Christmas stocking
- Google embiggens its fat vid pipe Chromecast with TEN new supported apps
- Microsoft: Don't listen to 4chan ... especially the bit about bricking Xbox Ones
- Shivering boffins nail Earth's coldest spot
- Thought your Android phone was locked? THINK AGAIN