where did it go wrong?
the e71 is where nokia went wrong. for me anyway.
on paper it seemed ideal. better than the e61i it was replacing;
* support for more than 2gb of memory cards and more memory
* fm radio
* camera flash
* standard 3.5mm head phone socket
* longer battery life.
* faster cpu
and then i used one for a while;
* global search was painfully slow if the phone had lots of information. around a minute to start as it preloaded all the data to 'speed' up searches.
* headphone socket mounted on the side so that it damaged the headphones i was using when i put the phone in my pocket crazy person that i am.
* fragile, i dropped mine within a week of getting it and the keyboard popped out. it went back in ok and never happened again but after the sheer indestrucibleness of the e61s...
* shutting down all running apps and rescanning my memory card for media everytime i ejected it to copy stuff on and off. and no way to turn that off. annoying.
* and adding a not required by irish law camera click in firmware update made me give it away and promise to never buy nokia again.
these days i use a samsung galaxy pro. nice!