5 posts • joined Friday 21st March 2008 03:03 GMT
F1.8? So 10 years ago!
10 years ago my Olympus Camedia 3040Z 3.3MP compact had (well, still has) a 1.8 lens so Samsung's claim for fastest lens on a compact is false. I'm not bashing the Samsung cam but apart from the pixel count and better shutter delays today's cameras are offering nothing new it seems.
Just viewing ur link made me a hacker.
Microsoft JET Database Engine error '80040e21'
The Microsoft Jet database engine stopped the process because you and another user are attempting to change the same data at the same time.
/viewproduct.asp, line 209
Click a link and you're not viewing but CHANGING data :)
Not only the file systems are affected
I remember once I had a problem with a Raid controller driver. I tried to contact the author and unfortunately he had died in a helicopter crash. Help was not forthcoming from anywhere, not even from the OS vendor with whom we had a maintenance agreement. So for me, these particular raid controllers died with the author (In the case of Linux).
What this means is that if you rely on community support and it is not available after the author's gone, you're in trouble. At least I understand that this shouldn't happen in commercial s/w. If the author of some software leaves a company, he is replaced and support continues. It's not always the case with Open Source, much as I've come to depend on and love it. :(
- Xmas Round-up Ten top tech toys to interface with a techie’s Christmas stocking
- Xmas Round-up Ghosts of Christmas Past: Ten tech treats from yesteryear
- Review Hey Linux newbie: If you've never had a taste, try perfect Petra ... mmm, smells like Mint 16
- Analysis Microsoft's licence riddles give Linux and pals a free ride to virtual domination
- I KNOW how to SAVE Microsoft. Give Windows 8 away for FREE – analyst