4 posts • joined 9 Apr 2007
@ John Donovan
No, you would need to move to Friedrichstrasse on the Berliner U-Bahn first. However, once at Friedrichstrasse you can now move instaneously anywhere else you wish without having to transfer. This will greatly relieve the congestion you normally encounter on the Circle line.
While USS Akron did crash before Airbase Sunnyvale was dedicated, it was used for about 2 years by a sister airship, USS Macon. USS Macon operated there until Feb. 12, 1935. After that the base was used as an Army Airfield and as a Navy anti-submarine patrol blimp base during WWII. It became a jet base in the 50's. In later years it was used as a anti-submarine patrol base with several squadrons of P-3 Orions. Hanger 1 could hold quite a few P-3's. It even has some buildings inside it, one is 3 stories tall and seems quite small. During airshows at the base they would sometimes give tethered hot air balloon rides inside hanger 1. Local balloon pilots would volunteer to give rides for charity because it was the only place they could log time indoors!
US still uses aerostats
The US is using tethered aerostat baloon radar on the border with Mexico and around the Gulf of Mexico. It works quite well.
Instead of a Burger King, perhaps Dittmer's German Deli across the street can relocate to this building? Mmmm, love their smoked turkey!
- Product round-up Too 4K-ing expensive? Five full HD laptops for work and play
- Review We have a winner! Fresh Linux Mint 17.1 – hands down the best
- Vid Antarctic ice THICKER than first feared – penguin-bot boffins
- You stupid BRICK! PCs running Avast AV can't handle Windows fixes
- Antique Code Show World of Warcraft then and now: From Orcs and Humans to Warlords of Draenor