3 posts • joined 14 Mar 2008
the iron-y not lost
loved the wrap up paragraph. left wonderig what percentage of IT people think there are computers running the "cloud"? ..or maybe it's just simple magic with a control panel.
maybe these oompas are their new "consensus engine"
So, mysterious blank user agents
Coinciding with some human ranking component to google search results
Makes for a nice little no-useragent widget of googoompa-loompa desktops that has them clicking happily all day, voting for search results, and improving their chocolate...i mean search results.
Yup, Humans Are Spammers Too
I'll confirm that too. With experience running a smaller free webmail service for a couple of years, I noticed a decent amount of traffic related to humans subscribing to the service and spamming. I picked up on dialogs from subscribed accounts they had with their "employer" and they would also do things like use yahoo and gmail accounts as at which to receive a confirmation email.
They'd subscribe an account, broadcast out spam until it was cut off by our automated systems and then move on to the next account to spam from.
Traffic of this sort was not only limited to Russia or Asian areas, as we picked up dialogs happening in Portuguese and originating from Brasil.
- +Comment Anti-Facebook Ello: Here's why we're still in beta. SPAMGASM!
- NASA rover Curiosity drills HOLE in MARS 'GOLF COURSE'
- Vid+Pics Microsoft unwraps WINDOWS 10. Evidently, Seven ate Nine
- WHY did Sunday Mirror stoop to slurping selfies for smut sting?
- Business is back, baby! Hasta la VISTA, Win 8... Oh, yeah, Windows 9