1 post • joined 7 Apr 2007
Response to Terry
Thanks for the question Terry. Firstly, its not data mining in the sense of the original article. The case of Iran is an interesting one as we just did some work on that. A conventional approach attempts to define the intent, capacity, strategy etc of the Iranian Government. The software we have developed instead allows a human operater to view material about the Iranian Government as a landscape, from different perspectives. The purpose here is to prevent steriotyping, and enable a decision maker to see opportunities, by which a new or novel solution can be found by sensing weak signals, or opportunities to act differently. I can't really explain it in detail in a paragraph but a paper will go up on our web site in about a months time.
- JLaw, Upton caught in celeb nude pics hack
- Google flushes out users of old browsers by serving up CLUNKY, AGED version of search
- GCHQ protesters stick it to British spooks ... by drinking urine
- Facebook to let stalkers unearth buried posts with mobe search
- Page File Love XKCD? Love science? You'll love a book about science from Randall Munroe