2 posts • joined 13 Mar 2008
My Dodgy Android App experience
I have to admit, I have encountered a dodgy Android app.
I installed the official Microsoft Hotmail Android app earlier in the year, and it worked fine for a while. Suddenly one weekend, it developed a fault and slurped my entire data quota (500Mb) in under 2 days. It was actually using over 300Mb a day in data until I identified the culprit and uninstalled it.
When buying on-line, use a webcard
One precaution that can be taken when buying on-line is the use of Cahoot's webcard. This generates a one-time credit card number with a low limit. If someone does get access to the number after you have used it, it will not be valid.
Before you ask, I am not a Cahoot employee - I have just been using the Webcard to protect my transactions for several years.
- iPad? More like iFAD: We reveal why Apple ran off to IBM
- +Analysis Microsoft: We're making ONE TRUE WINDOWS to rule us all
- Climate: 'An excuse for tax hikes', scientists 'don't know what they're talking about'
- Analysis Nadella: Apps must run on ALL WINDOWS – PCs, slabs and mobes
- Apple: We'll unleash OS X Yosemite beta on the MASSES July 24