2 posts • joined Thursday 13th March 2008 09:50 GMT
My Dodgy Android App experience
I have to admit, I have encountered a dodgy Android app.
I installed the official Microsoft Hotmail Android app earlier in the year, and it worked fine for a while. Suddenly one weekend, it developed a fault and slurped my entire data quota (500Mb) in under 2 days. It was actually using over 300Mb a day in data until I identified the culprit and uninstalled it.
When buying on-line, use a webcard
One precaution that can be taken when buying on-line is the use of Cahoot's webcard. This generates a one-time credit card number with a low limit. If someone does get access to the number after you have used it, it will not be valid.
Before you ask, I am not a Cahoot employee - I have just been using the Webcard to protect my transactions for several years.
- Xmas Round-up Ten top tech toys to interface with a techie’s Christmas stocking
- Xmas Round-up Ghosts of Christmas Past: Ten tech treats from yesteryear
- Review Hey Linux newbie: If you've never had a taste, try perfect Petra ... mmm, smells like Mint 16
- NSFW Oz couple get jiggy in pharmacy in 'banned' condom ad
- I KNOW how to SAVE Microsoft. Give Windows 8 away for FREE – analyst