1 post • joined 11 Mar 2008
To All the Above
[quote from wikipedia] Sir Timothy John Berners-Lee OM KBE FRS FREng FRSA (born June 8, 1955) is an English developer who invented the World Wide Web in March 1989. With the help of Robert Cailliau, and a young student staff at CERN, he implemented his invention in 1990, with the first successful communication between a client and server via the Internet on December 25, 1990. He is also the director of the World Wide Web Consortium or W3C (which oversees its continued development), and a senior researcher and holder of the 3Com Founders Chair at the MIT Computer Science and Artificial Intelligence Laboratory (CSAIL). [end of quote]
Must be a b1tch to admit that like almost all things US citizens claim to be their own, is in fact a BRITISH invention, made by a BRITISH citizen. Much like how certain US establishments will tell you Alexander Graham Bell was an American inventor. Just because something or someone is based in america doesn't make it/them american.
Bell was born in Scotland and moved to america. Einstein was Austrian not american. The WWW, while based mostly in america, is an English invention.
(I hate saying that, as a Scot I detest england as much as america)
- Review This is why we CAN have nice things: Samsung Galaxy Alpha
- MEN: For pity's sake SLEEP with LOTS of WOMEN - and avoid Prostate Cancer
- Ex-Soviet engines fingered after Antares ROCKET launch BLAST
- Vid BONFIRE of the MEGA-BUCKS: $200m+ BURNED in SECONDS in Antares launch blast
- Hate the BlackBerry Z10 and Passport? How about this dusty old flashback instead?