1 post • joined 10 Mar 2008
The point is that indexing/searching is such a simple process that it should NEVER use anywhere near 99% of a single-core CPU, much less dual-core, and take as long as Beagle does to complete!!!
The only reason it uses 99% is because of shoddy programming.
- Vid Hubble 'scope snaps 200,000-ton chunky crumble conundrum
- Updated + vids WHOA: Get a load of Asteroid DX110 JUST MISSING planet EARTH
- 10 years of Facebook Inside Facebook's engineering labs: Hardware heaven, HP hell – PICTURES
- Very fabric of space-time RIPPED apart in latest Hubble pic
- Massive new AIRSHIP to enter commercial service at British dirigible base