1 post • joined 5 Aug 2006
The comment "Fortunately, our sensitivities are certainly quite different today" reveals nothing but temporal parochialism. Sensitivities have changed from age to age. Parochialism ensures that humans in any given epoch regard the sensitivities then in vogue as being the best of all time. The only thing that we can be sure of is that in the future sensitivities will be different to what they are today, and much that we hold dear will be jettisoned. Conversely, much of what we do today would have incited "decent folk" of years gone by to pursue us with firebrands, pitchforks, and crosses held high; and "decent folk" of future generations to pursue us with blaster set to medium roast.
- One HUNDRED FAMOUS LADIES exposed NUDE online
- Twitter: La la la, we have not heard of any NUDE JLaw, Upton SELFIES
- China: You, Microsoft. Office-Windows 'compatibility'. You have 20 days to explain
- Apple to devs: NO slurping users' HEALTH for sale to Dark Powers
- Is that a 64-bit ARM Warrior in your pocket? No, it's MIPS64