1 post • joined 6 Apr 2007
Adequate support and training eliminates power users
Power users evolve when organizations don't have adequate technical or organizational support. You need a responsive help desk with a reliable tracking process to ensure help requests aren't dropped. Training doesn't have to be centralized, or even in-house, but it needs to be accessible. Help desk workers are trainers by the nature of their position. They are the face of your IT organization and should be as carefully chosen as your system, network, developers and database people.
- Product round-up Ten excellent FREE PC apps to brighten your Windows
- Analysis Pity the poor Windows developer: The tools for desktop development are in disarray
- Chromecast video on UK, Euro TVs hertz so badly it makes us judder – but Google 'won't fix'
- Analysis BlackBerry's turnaround relies on a secret weapon: Its own network
- Hire and hold IT staff in 2015: The Reg's how-to guide