1 post • joined 6 Apr 2007
Adequate support and training eliminates power users
Power users evolve when organizations don't have adequate technical or organizational support. You need a responsive help desk with a reliable tracking process to ensure help requests aren't dropped. Training doesn't have to be centralized, or even in-house, but it needs to be accessible. Help desk workers are trainers by the nature of their position. They are the face of your IT organization and should be as carefully chosen as your system, network, developers and database people.
- iPad? More like iFAD: We reveal why Apple ran off to IBM
- +Analysis Microsoft: We're making ONE TRUE WINDOWS to rule us all
- Climate: 'An excuse for tax hikes', scientists 'don't know what they're talking about'
- Analysis Nadella: Apps must run on ALL WINDOWS – PCs, slabs and mobes
- Yorkshire cops fail to grasp principle behind BT Fon Wi-Fi network