3 posts • joined 8 Mar 2008
Microsoft's Operations Manager
I think you meant Microsoft Management Console?
Re: MAPI documentation
Having been in this "business" for while...
API documentation is quite different to protocol documentation, although it's easy to confuse the two (particularly as Windows is a big consumer of RPC).
Sometimes the APIs are a thin wrapper around the protocols. Other times, though, the protocols don't have any published APIs.
Reinventing the wheel
Documentation doesn't prevent reinventing the wheel, it might actually encourage it (unless the sheer volume dissuades developers).
- Vid Reg bloke zips through an iPHONE 6 queue from ZERO to 60 SECONDS
- Anal-ysis Buying memory in the iPhone 6: Like wiping your bottom with dollar bills
- Teardown Pop open this iPhone 6 and see where the magic oozes from ... oh hello again, Qualcomm
- Competition Your chance to WIN the WORLD'S ONLY HANDHELD ZX SPECTRUM
- Analysis Apple's warrant canary riddle: Cock-up, conspiracy, or anti-Google point-scoring