3 posts • joined Saturday 8th March 2008 14:50 GMT
Re: MAPI documentation
Having been in this "business" for while...
API documentation is quite different to protocol documentation, although it's easy to confuse the two (particularly as Windows is a big consumer of RPC).
Sometimes the APIs are a thin wrapper around the protocols. Other times, though, the protocols don't have any published APIs.
Reinventing the wheel
Documentation doesn't prevent reinventing the wheel, it might actually encourage it (unless the sheer volume dissuades developers).
- Xmas Round-up Ghosts of Christmas Past: Ten tech treats from yesteryear
- Analysis Microsoft's licence riddles give Linux and pals a free ride to virtual domination
- Review Hey Linux newbie: If you've never had a taste, try perfect Petra ... mmm, smells like Mint 16
- I KNOW how to SAVE Microsoft. Give Windows 8 away for FREE – analyst
- Geek's Guide to Britain How the UK's national memory lives in a ROBOT in Kew