5 posts • joined Friday 7th March 2008 21:02 GMT
Whatever crap with they come up with next? Wait, maybe they can take a leaf out of the shampoo manufacturers' books, and start coating the keys in 'nanotechsynthesised gloop with hydrogen dogbombs, featuring essence of kiwi and zest of lemon' to protect our precious fingerprints.
This isn't accurate anyway
FWIW, my unlocked, pwnd iPhone 2G works perfectly well on my spanking new MacBook Pro 15", so I expect this is just a load of old tosh (and this is the same MacBook Pro that has performed flawlessly since the day I bought it, has no touchpad problems, not other problems, and is, FW400 or not, quite possibly the best laptop I have owned to date). So far I haven't found the lack of FW400 to be a problem but maybe that's just me.
I would have thought Belkin might have considered the (somewhat cheaper) alternative of a standard 1-port Powerline adapter, and one of those terribly complex devices called a switch. For about half the price.
What are all these comments about supply issues? This can't be a UK problem because I could have 10-20 of the 7in EEE's delivered tomorrow if I wanted them.
Lacie 320GB Quadra
I've run this as my TM backup device since Leopard came out and it's flawless. Connects via FW400/800 or good old USB. Auto-power option but I usually just flick the switch, let it mount and run a backup every day or so, then dismount and power it off.
- Xmas Round-up Ghosts of Christmas Past: Ten tech treats from yesteryear
- Special Report How Britain could have invented the iPhone: And how the Quangocracy cocked it up
- Analysis Microsoft's licence riddles give Linux and pals a free ride to virtual domination
- Massive! Yahoo! Mail! outage! going! on! FOURTH! straight! day!
- Bring it on, stream biz Aereo tells TV barons – see you in Supreme Court