4 posts • joined 3 Mar 2008
Re: I've often wondered about the security of powerline devices.
The most effective thing to do is to insert an isolating transformer between your installation and the public grid. Another method is to wrap the incomer around a metal toroid which will block the higher frequency components.
Non-obviously it is possible to couple from one set of cables to another, so your neighbour could put a transmitter on their side of the wall and turn the power up...
Forgive me if I'm a numpty....
However 1 Euro buys 122.2 Yen (google rate for simplicity), 1 GBP buys 138.6 YEN
So in Yen the UK version costs 18016Yen and the Euro version 14058Yen giving a 28% difference in price. Since the VAT rate is fairly similar throughout the Euro zone roughly 18-21% and the UK is 20% there doesn't seem to be any sensible reason for the difference....
Re: GPS in space uh?
Having a quick scan of the web, GPS satellites orbit at 12000 km, which is a geostationary orbit, ISS is at approximately 340km (max of 440km). Therefore, probably with a little adjustment, GPS could be used.
33 times less power than XP
Is that because it works 33 times less than XP?
- +Comment Trips to Mars may be OFF: The SUN has changed in a way we've NEVER SEEN
- Vid Google opens Inbox – email for those too stupid to use email
- Pic Forget the $2499 5K iMac – today we reveal Apple's most expensive computer to date
- RUMPY PUMPY: Bone says humans BONED Neanderthals 50,000 years B.C.
- Is your home or office internet gateway one of '1.2 MILLION' wide open to hijacking?