2 posts • joined 5 Apr 2007
I've Banned Many Ranges
I've also banned all of china. I also went a bit further and banned anything outside the US! : P My company is not international and therefore we don't need anything outside the US... the only thing that comes up is troubleshooting every now and then to allow certain websites, for example the register. : D
Power User/Local Admin - Whats the diff?
Power user and local admin is basically the same. In a corporate environment people should be kept at the standard "user" group. Less chance they will install some crap that will break/slow down/disrupt their computer/company. The company owns the computer and the employee is there to work; not play games. I know I sound like a IT Nazi but I hate hearing people cry about their computer running slow! It's their own fault for having too many privileges on their workstation!! From spyware to freeware to viruses to root kits; most people don't realize that if they don't have permissions of a power user/local admin most of that stuff wont hurt them... Why?? because it cant be installed! <stepping down from soap box>
- Just TWO climate committee MPs contradict IPCC: The two with SCIENCE degrees
- 14 antivirus apps found to have security problems
- Feature Scotland's BIG question: Will independence cost me my broadband?
- FTC to mobile carriers: If you could stop text scammers being jerks that'd be just great
- Apple winks at parents: C'mon, get your kid a tweaked Macbook Pro