There's a solution to the Rich Get Richer syndrome ....
" The big folks get richer while the little folks get poorer. Money is sucked upwards and doesn't fall back down to earth. Some things never change. Anybody care to disrupt that?"
Actually there is a mechanism already in place in the USA which works against the Big Guys. It's called, the HR Department. There's an arc to a company's history:
- Startup - Owner hand-selects high-quality hires
- Company accelerates upward. Makes tons of ca$h.
- HR department organized
- Peak of arc, company is huge, HR department given entire control of hiring
- Only liars, posers, and toxic personalities get hired - they have all the most brilliant resumes
- Competent employees jump ship for small start-ups
- Company is now populated almost entirely by incompetents who spend their time surfing the Net and infighting. Products suffer and the company is headed downhill.
- Down it goes. The HR department is almost the last department left, ensuring that the Company will grind into the dust before its nose can be lifted up far enough. (Or it will get sold.)
Every US companies is at some point or other in this arc. So there is justice.