10 posts • joined Thursday 28th February 2008 18:41 GMT
I hope they have chosen a better version of the software, some only read 1st in and last out, so giving a longer parking period. Ranger know this well and some companies have been known to exploit this. The DVLA request will only give the RK details and not the drivers so the request for money (its not a fine) will go to the RK, he/she will then either disclose the drivers details or appeal. If, sorry, when the appeal fails then the RK/driver is offered an appeal through the Popla (Parking on Private Land Appeals) service which costs the ppc £27.00+vat per appeal (free to drivers)and is binding only on the ppc. The driver/RK is still free to ignore the ppc as previously and then the ppc can seek the money through the County Court system. There are many reasons why they don't do this, mainly because they (nearly)always lose.
Does Virgin allow BT to use their fibre?
So the Yanks think they rule the world and are entitled to enforce their laws globally.
Type your comment here — plain text only, no HTML
I'm more concerned about the reduction of the web site, how long will it be till the Papers get their way and remove news from it so they can charge for the content on their own site? This is what Murdoch and co are really pressing for imho.
At least one more ISP has said categorically they will not entertain this.
Hooray for the little guy.
- Xmas Round-up Ghosts of Christmas Past: Ten tech treats from yesteryear
- Special Report How Britain could have invented the iPhone: And how the Quangocracy cocked it up
- Analysis Microsoft's licence riddles give Linux and pals a free ride to virtual domination
- Massive! Yahoo! Mail! outage! going! on! FOURTH! straight! day!
- Bring it on, stream biz Aereo tells TV barons – see you in Supreme Court