4 posts • joined 25 Feb 2008
"And you can make for loops in a style I last saw in CORAL 66, where one provides the list of values the loop variable takes."
MATLAB and R both do this. You pass in an array of whatever you like, and the language iterates over each element.
for i = [1 3 69 -7]
for(i in c(1 3 69 -7))
"Also, casually mentioning that you made a clock that's accurate to a second for 300 million years is almost guaranteed to get you laid."
I'm afraid that's a common geek misconception.
The class argument is back to front
Cheap flights don't benefit the working classes that much. Ryanair and the other low cost carriers target their advertising towards the upper middle classes, who can afford second homes in the med, and take many more overseas holidays.
See, for example
Haven't I seen this before?
Check the link, tell me if the phone looks familiar:
Different brand and model number, otherwise suspiciously similar.
- Does Apple's iOS 7 make you physically SICK? Try swallowing version 7.1
- Fee fie Firefox: Mozilla's lawyers probe Dell over browser install charge
- Pics Indestructible Death Stars blow up planets with glowing KILL RAY
- Hands on Satisfy my scroll: El Reg gets claws on Windows 8.1 spring update
- Video Snowden: You can't trust SPOOKS with your DATA