1 post • joined 22 Feb 2008
Glad we have options
OK, so, I liked Windows Vista. I thought they made some AWESOME improvements in it, and generally, I think they are heading the right direction and with great change is coming quite a bit of pain.
I was on linux for a year. It's a great OS. It has it's pro's and con's. Then, I switched to XP, then to Vista. Loved Vista over XP (but, granted, I had to throw a lot more ram at it). It had it's quirks. SP1 fixed a lot of them for me, and I was glad to participate in the beta.
Recently, I hopped over to a mac. I had a lot of problems with Leopard until Leopard 10.5.2 came out (which fixed a lot of my issues, thanks apple!).
Windows (and linux) has a bit more burden to carry than Apple, because it allows you to install it on just about any hardware out there. I'm just grateful progress is being made and that the options all exist.
- DAYS from end of life as we know it: Boffins tell of solar storm near-miss
- Put down that Oracle database patch: It could cost $23,000 per CPU
- The END of the FONDLESLAB KINGS? Apple and Samsung have reason to FEAR
- Pics It's Google HQ - the British one: Reg man snaps covert shots INSIDE London offices
- Bose says today IS F*** With Dre Day: Beats sued in patent battle