1 post • joined 22 Feb 2008
Glad we have options
OK, so, I liked Windows Vista. I thought they made some AWESOME improvements in it, and generally, I think they are heading the right direction and with great change is coming quite a bit of pain.
I was on linux for a year. It's a great OS. It has it's pro's and con's. Then, I switched to XP, then to Vista. Loved Vista over XP (but, granted, I had to throw a lot more ram at it). It had it's quirks. SP1 fixed a lot of them for me, and I was glad to participate in the beta.
Recently, I hopped over to a mac. I had a lot of problems with Leopard until Leopard 10.5.2 came out (which fixed a lot of my issues, thanks apple!).
Windows (and linux) has a bit more burden to carry than Apple, because it allows you to install it on just about any hardware out there. I'm just grateful progress is being made and that the options all exist.
- Vid Hubble 'scope snaps 200,000-ton chunky crumble conundrum
- Updated + vids WHOA: Get a load of Asteroid DX110 JUST MISSING planet EARTH
- 10 years of Facebook Inside Facebook's engineering labs: Hardware heaven, HP hell – PICTURES
- Very fabric of space-time RIPPED apart in latest Hubble pic
- Massive new AIRSHIP to enter commercial service at British dirigible base