1 post • joined 22 Feb 2008
More than 110W, less noise
I have the older shuttle. Its a 250W powersupply, and not a lot is used by the motherboard! I didnt like the fan either, so I ran a cable out the front for the DVD Drive, and put the case face down, with a 4' tube over the fan hole. Im suprised how hot it does get, really, but it has not crashed since I got rid of some software problems. It runs 24/7.
The MSI NX8800? Really? It ( the card only ) requires 26As on the 12v Rails. Not likely considering its a 250W Ps.
I think that these machines are great! They are 1/3 the size of a normal computer, and pack a Lot of Power.
- Product round-up Ten excellent FREE PC apps to brighten your Windows
- Analysis Pity the poor Windows developer: The tools for desktop development are in disarray
- Chromecast video on UK, Euro TVs hertz so badly it makes us judder – but Google 'won't fix'
- Product round-up Ten Mac freeware apps for your new Apple baby
- Product round-up The Glorious Resolution: Feast your eyes on 5 HiDPI laptops