3 posts • joined 21 Feb 2008
Dragging in the Wind
I have a feeling those cables won't release and the lander will be dragged bouncing and banging across the Martian surface. With NASA it's those little sub-systems that trip them up.
It's About the Oil
Excuse me for rambling like grandpa; but, this has all happened before during the last oil crisis in 1970s. Electric cars only look good when oil is scarce and expensive. The minute oil dropped below $140 the Tesla was doomed.
Oh, it might still survive, but it will be more like a Segway than a real transportation tool, i.e., an expensive toy for geeks.
Take that Great Leader!
This shoot down was done to poke a hole in any further dreams North Korea might have about bullying it's neighbors with its alleged nuclear weapons and spotty missiles.
It was also to buck up the US allies in northeast Asia (e.g., Japan) that they have no need to fear the North Koreans.
- Nokia: Read our Maps, Samsung – we're HERE for the Gear
- Ofcom will not probe lesbian lizard snog in new Dr Who series
- Episode 9 BOFH: The current value of our IT ASSets? Minus eleventy-seven...
- Too slow with that iPhone refresh, Apple: Android is GOBBLING up US mobile market
- Kaspersky backpedals on "done nothing wrong, nothing to fear" company article