3 posts • joined 15 Feb 2008
"I'm sure we'll find him spinning a web"
Rather unlikely, as only female spiders spin webs.
Wiki boss 'edited for donation'
I'm surprised you folks missed the story in the BBC last week about Wales accepting a donation in exchange for editing a bio: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/7291382.stm. The story starts out:
"Wiki boss 'edited for donation'
Wikipedia creator Jimmy Wales has been accused of agreeing to edit a page on the online encyclopaedia in exchange for a donation.
Former Novell chief scientist Jeffrey Merkey says he donated $5,000 to the Wikimedia Foundation in exchange for changes to his Wikipedia entry."
1/2 Gigapixel camera
You are wrong in saying"despite the obvious lack of any megapixels." BW film has a resolution of about 200 lines per mm, which translates to about 100 megapixels for each square inch, or about 500 megapixels for the iHole's 120 film.
- Infosec geniuses hack a Canon PRINTER and install DOOM
- Boffins say they've got Lithium batteries the wrong way around
- Game Theory Half a BILLION in the making: Bungie's Destiny reviewed
- 'Windows 9' LEAK: Microsoft's playing catchup with Linux
- Phones 4u slips into administration after EE cuts ties with Brit mobe retailer