2 posts • joined 15 Feb 2008
Devaluing the device
Sure you can put a foreign SIM into the CDMA iPhone 4S, but then you lose your phone number when in GSM mode. That is annoying for most people and reduces the value of the phone as it's main point is to be able to be reached at any time. Keeping the carrier SIM card enables you to use the same number worldwide. For pure data sessions, using the local SIM will be vastly cheaper. You'll just be unreachable any time you put the foreign SIM in.
If you're thinking about international call forward to get your calls, note that not all operators allow this and the costs are often as high as roaming rates.
Everything costs too much
Whaaa! My phone service costs too much! Let's regulate! Why don't we regulate all industries like we do telecom? My UK car costs 25% more than the same car in Belgium. That's wrong! Let's regulate! Boy do I love socialism...
- Review Xperia Z3: Crikey, Sony – ANOTHER flagship phondleslab?
- Pics Whisper tracks its users. So we tracked down its LA office. This is what happened next
- Human spacecraft dodge COMET CHUNKS pelting off Mars
- Ex-US Navy fighter pilot MIT prof: Drones beat humans - I should know
- Downrange Are you a gun owner? Let us in OR ELSE, say Blighty's top cops