6 posts • joined Friday 15th February 2008 09:41 GMT
indolence and obstruction?
Have you worked in Local Government too?
Only dinosaurs want to preserve the status quo.
@Pete 2. It looks as if you have an IT department stuck in a time warp. How is it in anyone's interest in IT to maintain the status quo? Are you still using punch cards?
For IT to be at the centre of business, the goals of IT much match the goals of the business, and the days of isolated back-office boffins has gone.
Service Management is not easy, and can be painful to introduce. However the discipline is necessary so that things are done right first time, and match the business needs.
It may give kudos to some techies to be forever rushing in on a white charger to rescue the business from their latest 1 minute cockups, and often they get all the accolades. How much better it would be if the business showed appreciation for those who police the processes of IT and ensure services are implemented correctly, and don't fail.
You only have to watch their adverts...
The phones 4 U television adverts make it quite clear of how they view a typical customer- as they feature misfits, cretins, idiots and imbeciles.
The subtext is clear - you have to be really stupid to do business with us.
I hate those ads.....
America - get your priorities right!
Good to see America ensuring it has it's priorities right.
Saying C*** - wrong
Saying F*** - wrong
Using waterboarding and similar techniques of torture - That's OK !!!
Showing bare buttocks on TV - wrong
Making millions in internet porn - that's OK
- Xmas Round-up Ten top tech toys to interface with a techie’s Christmas stocking
- Xmas Round-up Ghosts of Christmas Past: Ten tech treats from yesteryear
- Review Hey Linux newbie: If you've never had a taste, try perfect Petra ... mmm, smells like Mint 16
- Analysis Microsoft's licence riddles give Linux and pals a free ride to virtual domination
- NSFW Oz couple get jiggy in pharmacy in 'banned' condom ad