1 post • joined 14 Feb 2008
As an environmentalist (a scientist, not a tree hugger) it's clear this device has few green credentials per se, although the ability to use without batteries could be useful. Like most consumer electronic equipment it will include various toxic compounds.
I'd suggest that Chris looks at the following for some proof and facts:
Together they form probably the largest collective body of human scientific research effort compiled (on any subject).
- NASA boffin: RIDDLE of odd BULGE FOUND on MOON is SOLVED
- Pic 7 AMAZING experiments set for Mars Rover 2020 – including oxygen generation
- Microsoft's Euro cloud darkens: US FEDS can dig into foreign servers
- Plug and PREY: Hackers reprogram USB drives to silently infect PCs
- Boffins spot weirder quantum capers as neutrons take the high road, spin takes the low