10 posts • joined Wednesday 13th February 2008 04:14 GMT
@ Mr Cheese
Sounds like the same outcome as the update to Vista SP1 to me
Primus a carrier?
No. ISP? Yes.
Telstra are the only real "carrier" in Australia, probably much like BT in Britain.
Optus are their only real competition (AKA Singtel) in that market.
Everyone basically resells Telstra for adsl, some companies like Optus and iiNet have their own equipment at the exchange for adsl2+ but they still use the Telstra copper network for the last mile.
Too bad for him...
...that they didn't let him keep the money in the end.
A bit rich, on the (w)hole, I'd say
winxp x64 gets past the 4gb limit. It's also pretty kickass. I've heard of a lot of people whinging and moaning about lack of driver support etc. but I've never run into a device I can't find a driver for.
It's also pretty stable. Not as stable as the slackware boxes i have running fileshares through samba and (for when i'm out and about) webservers, though, but stable enough for a desktop environment.
Of course, this is because I don't use "bloody stupid" practices such as running .exe email attachments, allowing activeX all over the shop, etc. which is half the problem really.
Paris because she's already been "all over the shop"
- Product Round-up Smartwatch face off: Pebble, MetaWatch and new hi-tech timepieces
- Geek's Guide to Britain The bunker at the end of the world - in Essex
- FLABBER-JASTED: It's 'jif', NOT '.gif', says man who should know
- If you've bought DRM'd film files from Acetrax, here's the bad news
- VIDEO Herschel Space Observatory spots galaxies merging