1 post • joined Saturday 9th February 2008 21:33 GMT
Wow, remembering the Encore Multimax...
Wow, this brings me back. My school brought in an Encore Multimax to reaplce a DEC-20 as the general computer for the school. 20 processors, 64mb of RAM. A real screamer! Cost us $250k at the time.
I helped move it in and it worked well with a bunch of DECstation 3100s as the front ends, replacing VT100/220s.
Three years later, we ditched it for $25k... talk about depreciation!
It was a pretty decent machine, watching compiles fly by with 'make -j 8' was cool.
- Xmas Round-up Ten top tech toys to interface with a techie’s Christmas stocking
- Exploits no more! Firefox 26 blocks all Java plugins by default
- Xmas Round-up Ghosts of Christmas Past: Ten tech treats from yesteryear
- Review Hey Linux newbie: If you've never had a taste, try perfect Petra ... mmm, smells like Mint 16
- NSFW Oz couple get jiggy in pharmacy in 'banned' condom ad