1 post • joined 9 Feb 2008
RE: Please explain
That is because microsoft didn't offer $31 in plain money. Microsoft offered a mix of its own shares and cash equivalent to $31 for each Yahoo! share. But now that Yahoo!'s stock has climbed, the offer isn't so good, specially because Microsoft's stock fell 14%. I hope this has helped you understand the economics behind Microsoft's offer. Have a good one!
- Vid Hubble 'scope snaps 200,000-ton chunky crumble conundrum
- Bugger the jetpack, where's my 21st-century Psion?
- Windows 8.1 Update 1 spewed online a MONTH early – by Microsoft
- Something for the Weekend, Sir? Why can’t I walk past Maplin without buying stuff I don’t need?
- Review 'Mommy got me an UltraVibe Pleasure 2000 for Xmas!' South Park: Stick of Truth