1 post • joined Saturday 9th February 2008 03:46 GMT
RE: Please explain
That is because microsoft didn't offer $31 in plain money. Microsoft offered a mix of its own shares and cash equivalent to $31 for each Yahoo! share. But now that Yahoo!'s stock has climbed, the offer isn't so good, specially because Microsoft's stock fell 14%. I hope this has helped you understand the economics behind Microsoft's offer. Have a good one!
- Facebook offshores HUGE WAD OF CASH to Caymans - via Ireland
- Justin Bieber BEGGED for a $200k RIM JOB – and got REJECTED
- Microsoft teams up with Feds, Europol in ZeroAccess botnet zombie hunt
- Review Bigger on the inside: WD’s Tardis-like Black² Dual Drive laptop disk
- Inside Steve Ballmer’s fondleslab rear-guard action