5 posts • joined 30 Jan 2008
It was fraud, not an error
Some people are trying to minimize the impact of adding melamine to food by claiming that melamine is "only" as poisonous as table salt. No amount of melamine should be present in food; it is added for only one reason, and that is to fraudulently rig a standard test for protein.
Where does it end? A Chinese company sold ethylene glycol as "TD glycerine", a "glycerine substitute". Cough syrup containing the ethylene glycol "glycerine sunstitute" has killed several people, and some medical people estimate that the death toll may be in the tens of thousands.
Where does Amazon fit in?
Amazon offers DRM free, good bitrate tracks for 99 cents. Albums are less than what Amazon charges for the CD, and the album download software supports Linux. I doubt that Amazon is losing money on the deal.
The device is cheap and cheerful, the software is quite expensive.
Let them eat dirt
The dogs may be one vector to get the kids exposed to dirt, but it won't work unless the dog actually plays outside.
It would probably be at least as effective to get the kids exposed to dirt at a very early age. Let them make mud pies, let them eat the candy or hot dog that got dropped in the dirt.
Install Firefox with Adblock plugin
Installing the hosts file will help quite a bit, but to be safe, install Firefox and the Adblock plugin
- +Analysis Microsoft: We're making ONE TRUE WINDOWS to rule us all
- Apple: We'll unleash OS X Yosemite beta on the MASSES on 24 July
- Pics It's Google HQ - the British one: Reg man snaps covert shots INSIDE London offices
- White? Male? You work in tech? Let us guess ... Twitter? We KNEW it!
- Apple fanbois SCREAM as update BRICKS their Macbook Airs