1 post • joined 29 Jan 2008
I think that the major reason for the authors call for regulations similar to car use on motorways (the driving license, tests and so on) Is an old school perception of a computer and the Internet as some kind of device (a car) of limited use (transportation). A computer is much more universal tool. And in my opinion, the Internet is more like a city, (or better a world itself ) than the highway. As people were able to live with dangers of the world outside, they will learn it online. Although I agree that education is essentially needed in first place, but not going hand-in hand with licenses.
- Product round-up Six of the best gaming keyboard and mouse combos
- China building SUPERSONIC SUBMARINE that travels in a BUBBLE
- Boffins attempt to prove the UNIVERSE IS JUST A HOLOGRAM
- Review Raspberry Pi B+: PHWOAR, get a load of those pins
- 6 Obvious Reasons Why Facebook Will Ban This Article (Thank God)