3 posts • joined 28 Jan 2008
Paris and Mos Eisley
Well it is perfect for Paris. As Obi Wan said "You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy"
So the rating system we already have is of no use?
The blame lies not at the games industry but squarely with the parents. The number of times I have seen parents buy their 12 year old a clearly rated 18 game like Grand Theft Auto is unbelievable. They think it is a game so it won't hurt anyone. Then again I've been paying games for years and I haven't gone on a murder spree or go out car jacking.
I guess the government needs to order a load more cotton wool for its people!!!
Woolies is pointless
So Woolies are saying that Blu-ray outsold HD-DVD 10 to 1! Jez I wonder if that had anything to do with the fact you couldn't FIND HD-DVD disks?
I live near a very large Woolworths and when I went looking for HD-DVD disks either
a) they were not stocked
b) they were hidden behind a stack of DVD versions of the film or
c) they were behind the blu-ray version which were displayed prominently
Speaking with a member of the "entertainment" section they told me that they were told on their stock layout sheets to display Blu-ray separately but they had to find "somewhere" for HD-DVD.
I was looking at the Samsung BD-5000 but I think I will wait for the new 5500 version which will include Profile 2.0!
- NASA boffin: RIDDLE of odd BULGE FOUND on MOON is SOLVED
- Apple winks at parents: C'mon, get your kid a tweaked Macbook Pro
- SOULLESS machine-intelligence ROBOT cars to hit Blighty in 2015
- BuzzGasm! Thirteen Astonishing True Facts You Never Knew About SCREWS
- China in MONOPOLY PROBE into Microsoft: Do not pass GO, do not collect 200 yuan