3 posts • joined Monday 28th January 2008 15:39 GMT
So the rating system we already have is of no use?
The blame lies not at the games industry but squarely with the parents. The number of times I have seen parents buy their 12 year old a clearly rated 18 game like Grand Theft Auto is unbelievable. They think it is a game so it won't hurt anyone. Then again I've been paying games for years and I haven't gone on a murder spree or go out car jacking.
I guess the government needs to order a load more cotton wool for its people!!!
Woolies is pointless
So Woolies are saying that Blu-ray outsold HD-DVD 10 to 1! Jez I wonder if that had anything to do with the fact you couldn't FIND HD-DVD disks?
I live near a very large Woolworths and when I went looking for HD-DVD disks either
a) they were not stocked
b) they were hidden behind a stack of DVD versions of the film or
c) they were behind the blu-ray version which were displayed prominently
Speaking with a member of the "entertainment" section they told me that they were told on their stock layout sheets to display Blu-ray separately but they had to find "somewhere" for HD-DVD.
I was looking at the Samsung BD-5000 but I think I will wait for the new 5500 version which will include Profile 2.0!
- Review Samsung Galaxy Note 8: Proof the pen is mightier?
- Nuke plants to rely on PDP-11 code UNTIL 2050!
- Spin doctors brazenly fiddle with tiny bits in front of the neighbours
- Game Theory Out with a bang: The Last of Us lets PS3 exit with head held high
- Flash flaw potentially makes every webcam or laptop a PEEPHOLE