1 post • joined 23 Jan 2008
To the editor
Tony Smith, I am Dr Gimpy if that makes any difference to the validity of my opinion, which it shouldn't. I'm happy to admit my blog article isn't my finest as i knocked up a quick rehash of the opinions discussed on badscience.
However, you don't need a PhD to know this paper is dubious, if nothing else the fact that the authors don't provide most of their data makes it obvious this is preliminary weak research not worthy of public debate. An accusation often made of the media is that they are so scientifically illiterate they cannot judge the quality of science before reporting on it so any old crap gets reported with the same seriousness as a Nature paper, the reporting of this story across the media reinforces this.
- Product round-up Too 4K-ing expensive? Five full HD laptops for work and play
- Review We have a winner! Fresh Linux Mint 17.1 – hands down the best
- Vid Antarctic ice THICKER than first feared – penguin-bot boffins
- 'Regin': The 'New Stuxnet' spook-grade SOFTWARE WEAPON described
- You stupid BRICK! PCs running Avast AV can't handle Windows fixes