2 posts • joined Tuesday 22nd January 2008 08:28 GMT
"Iirc, you require a land line for VoIP to work? Or are you using some form of experimental broadband delivery service we don't know about that doesn't require a standard land line?"
Erm, cable broadband anyone? I'm on Skype and have no landline, but I digress....
Not had any experience of the Home Hub, but my parents are signed up with BT for basic broadband. With the amount of crap that their software puts on a PC it's unsurprising that vulnerabilities arise. Needless to say I've scourged their laptop of everything with the remotest resemblance of BT.
Trust no ISP software!
- Review Samsung Galaxy Note 8: Proof the pen is mightier?
- Nuke plants to rely on PDP-11 code UNTIL 2050!
- Spin doctors brazenly fiddle with tiny bits in front of the neighbours
- Game Theory Out with a bang: The Last of Us lets PS3 exit with head held high
- Flash flaw potentially makes every webcam or laptop a PEEPHOLE