4 posts • joined 21 Jan 2008
> The question that always bothers me is why Apple do not receive the same level of scrutiny.
Simply because Apple do not have a monopoly. Monopoly is a defined as greater than some % of market share. Problem with monopolists is they have too much market power so they can and do prevent competition, stifle innovation and over-price their products. None of these are good for consumers.
Some technical stuff here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monopoly
Stop this happening
"The firm also allegedly deletes infringing domains within five days and then re-registers to avoid paying registration costs and to avoid detection by trademark owners."
This capability should be abolished. The ability to use a domain free for 5 days results in much spam and scam. Use of a domian should not be enabled until payment is received, should be for a minimum of 2yrs and should be non refundable.
Sample of one
The one I looked at the FLAC version was same price as the same CD incl postage. Unless you're in a hurry what's the point?
The plane thought it was at the stand and auto-powered down. GPS
- Nokia: Read our Maps, Samsung – we're HERE for the Gear
- Ofcom will not probe lesbian lizard snog in new Dr Who series
- Kaspersky backpedals on 'done nothing wrong, nothing to fear' blather
- Too slow with that iPhone refresh, Apple: Android is GOBBLING up US mobile market
- Episode 9 BOFH: The current value of our IT ASSets? Minus eleventy-seven...