1 post • joined 21 Jan 2008
TW could do well.
Way I see it.
1) TW impose download limitation, and, in a fanciful world, also reduce the cost.
2) TW piss off the 5% of heavy users that are causing them problems. 95% of non-heavy user who stick around are happier (internet speedier now!)
heavy users move to a competitor, so now said competitor has to deal with the extra infrastructure costs.
3) Light users on competitors networks loose bandwidth to heavy users, and hear how much faster/fairer (If you like) things are at TW...
PS. I'm in Oz and really have no problem with metered downloads (but then, I'm not a particularly heavy net user - which means I'm happy to not be propping up the needs of the few).
- Review Is it an iPad? Is it a MacBook Air? No, it's a Surface Pro 3
- Game Theory The agony and ecstasy of SteamOS: WHERE ARE MY GAMES?
- Hello, police, El Reg here. Are we a bunch of terrorists now?
- Worstall on Wednesday Wall Street woes: Oh noes, tech titans aren't using bankers
- Video of US journalist 'beheading' pulled from social media