6 posts • joined 19 Jan 2008
THN not LHC
The power problems were in one suite on the ground floor of Telehouse North, not the London Hosting Centre.
I wonder if their web site and both DNS servers being down for hours yesterday has anything to do with this...
This took out Equifax's credit referencing services as well as killing ISDN equipment at the BT exchange!
Lucky we believe in backup systems, even if IBM don't ;-)
Re: Quite a timely article for me this one...
Take a look at the Dell Data Centre Capacity Planner at www.dell.com/calc
Re: "155MB central from BT costs £316200"
The BT central connection is the connection from the BT Colossus ATM network to the ISP's network. This is just the handover of traffic from BT to your ISP. The ISP still has to pay for the bandwidth from their network onto the internet, not to mention maintaining their network etc.
It has been mentioned several times by ISPs that the price BT charge for the "central" handoff is ridiculously expensive but Ofcom refuse to do anything about it.
Re: Storage is a bit weak
Not with 2.5" drive bays it can't
- Opportunity selfie: Martian winds have given the spunky ol' rover a spring cleaning
- Spanish village called 'Kill the Jews' mulls rebranding exercise
- NASA finds first Earth-sized planet in a habitable zone around star
- New Facebook phone app allows you to stalk your mates
- Battle of the Linux clouds! Linode DOUBLES RAM to take on Digital Ocean