4 posts • joined Friday 18th January 2008 20:27 GMT
I like the idea of a Doctor icon for marking comments by time travelers (or travelers in other relative dimensions in space). Really a TARDIS icon would serve best. Probably trademarked though, isn't it?
On an unrelated note, I'd love to see a plain blue police box icon. You know, to indicate that the commenter is intending to call the bobbies.
Bespoke has its place
Software underpins virtually all business processes now, and much of it is not flexible enough to handle new business ideas (such as novel services) without modification.
Re: expert systems again oh jesus
What goes by the name of "expert systems" has evolved quite a bit in the past 10 years, learning from the mistakes of the Big Disappointment in the 80s and 90s. I'm confident that IBM is ready to make a fresh hell of this rather than just warmed up leftovers. I think it'll be fascinating to watch, since I won't have to deal with it.
- World's OLDEST human DNA found in leg bone – but that's not the only boning going on...
- Lightning strikes USB bosses: Next-gen jacks will be REVERSIBLE
- Pics Brit inventors' GRAVITY POWERED LIGHT ships out after just 1 year
- Storagebod Oh no, RBS has gone titsup again... but is it JUST BAD LUCK?
- Three offers free US roaming, confirms stealth 4G rollout