4 posts • joined 18 Jan 2008
I like the idea of a Doctor icon for marking comments by time travelers (or travelers in other relative dimensions in space). Really a TARDIS icon would serve best. Probably trademarked though, isn't it?
On an unrelated note, I'd love to see a plain blue police box icon. You know, to indicate that the commenter is intending to call the bobbies.
Bespoke has its place
Software underpins virtually all business processes now, and much of it is not flexible enough to handle new business ideas (such as novel services) without modification.
Re: expert systems again oh jesus
What goes by the name of "expert systems" has evolved quite a bit in the past 10 years, learning from the mistakes of the Big Disappointment in the 80s and 90s. I'm confident that IBM is ready to make a fresh hell of this rather than just warmed up leftovers. I think it'll be fascinating to watch, since I won't have to deal with it.
We call this "folk software" at my workplace.
- +Comment Trips to Mars may be OFF: The SUN has changed in a way we've NEVER SEEN
- Vid Google opens Inbox – email for people too stupid to use email
- Back to the ... drawing board: 'Hoverboard' will disappoint Marty McFly wannabes
- Pic Forget the $2499 5K iMac – today we reveal Apple's most expensive computer to date
- Google+ goes TITSUP. But WHO knew? How long? Anyone ... Hello ...