4 posts • joined 18 Jan 2008
I like the idea of a Doctor icon for marking comments by time travelers (or travelers in other relative dimensions in space). Really a TARDIS icon would serve best. Probably trademarked though, isn't it?
On an unrelated note, I'd love to see a plain blue police box icon. You know, to indicate that the commenter is intending to call the bobbies.
Bespoke has its place
Software underpins virtually all business processes now, and much of it is not flexible enough to handle new business ideas (such as novel services) without modification.
Re: expert systems again oh jesus
What goes by the name of "expert systems" has evolved quite a bit in the past 10 years, learning from the mistakes of the Big Disappointment in the 80s and 90s. I'm confident that IBM is ready to make a fresh hell of this rather than just warmed up leftovers. I think it'll be fascinating to watch, since I won't have to deal with it.
We call this "folk software" at my workplace.
- Fee fie Firefox: Mozilla's lawyers probe Dell over browser install charge
- Did Apple's iOS make you physically SICK? Try swallowing version 7.1
- Pics Indestructible Death Stars blow up planets using glowing KILL RAY
- Neil Young touts MP3 player that's no Piece of Crap
- Review Distro diaspora: Four flavours of Ubuntu unpacked