1 post • joined 29 Mar 2007
"Dirk Hassinger, sales director at Zuxxex Entertainment AG, which holds the European licence for Dream Pinball 3D, said it had tried to find lawyers prepared to charge low fees because he didn't want to "bankrupt" file sharers"
I find it hard to believe that they couldn't find a legal firm prepared to charge less than £125,000 for sending out 500 letters!
Since no cases have been officially opened yet this is all they can really charge for surely? Unless they have had 3 reasonably well paid solicitors working full time for the past 6 months researching this non-starter of a case! Perhaps if someone has the guts and resources to take them to court they can ask for the costs to be justified as well.
- NASA boffin: RIDDLE of odd BULGE FOUND on MOON is SOLVED
- Pic 7 AMAZING experiments set for Mars Rover 2020 – including oxygen generation
- Microsoft's Euro cloud darkens: US FEDS can dig into foreign servers
- Plug and PREY: Hackers reprogram USB drives to silently infect PCs
- Boffins spot weirder quantum capers as neutrons take the high road, spin takes the low