8 posts • joined Sunday 6th January 2008 11:11 GMT
People keep throwing 'cloud' around - this is a dynamic DNS - nothing more. My WHS works as well today as any other day - it's just the easy-to-remember hostname isn't mapped to my IP - my IP works as well as ever, and accessing my server remotely is fine and dandy.
However, obviously WTF OMFG M$ IZ T3H SUX5. Did I get that right?
Pictures or it didn't happen.
I was thinking "If The Reg has a techie skew to its figures, who the hell's using IE6?".
Then I remembered I occasionally visit The Reg at work while using the stupid "Frontpage in a browser" web-site editor monstosity that still doesn't have IE7 or Firefox compatability. Annoys the hell out of me that all my projects have to cater for IE6 as that's what's rolled out around the business.
kain asks a great question that has always bothered me too : the BSA are not a Government organization, exactly how can they force companies to open up to them?
Paris because she's into being recorded opening up.
"How did they get that data on file opens? Does this mean Office is despatching a notice to MS every time you open a document? What else is sent to Redmond?"
I would suspect MS would get this sort of data from users who agree to be part of the Customer Experience Improvement Program.
- Xmas Round-up Ten top tech toys to interface with a techie’s Christmas stocking
- Xmas Round-up Ghosts of Christmas Past: Ten tech treats from yesteryear
- Google embiggens its fat vid pipe Chromecast with TEN new supported apps
- Exploits no more! Firefox 26 blocks all Java plugins by default
- Review Hey Linux newbie: If you've never had a taste, try perfect Petra ... mmm, smells like Mint 16