2 posts • joined 3 Jan 2008
€3 bn ebay fraud is worth the risk
If 76 people really made three billion Euro, I am going to give up moonlighting as a taxi driver. Ebay here I come - heck I´d probably only get a suspended sentence.
Start of a Nokia-Google Partnership?
Telcos don´t have a glue about integrating internet services with their legacy networks. They have nightmares about losing their remaining customers to the new competition. So the telcos love it when someone talks about lowering churn and the possibility of controlling new markets.
I agree with all of the previous comments. Nokia seems to have overpaid for a company that is really just selling an integrated customer record database. Integrating a Network Directory Server, a Home Location Register, a Home Subscriber Server, and a AAA server is no big deal. Apertio had no difficulty doing this when it bought netzwert three months ago.
It´s laughable to imagine nokia persuading telcos, MVNOs and MNVEs that they should buy an integrated NDS to capture the mobile advertising market before google arrives.
The €140m purchase makes sense, however, if nokia wants to work with google.
- +Comment Trips to Mars may be OFF: The SUN has changed in a way we've NEVER SEEN
- MARS NEEDS WOMEN, claims NASA pseudo 'naut: They eat less
- Vid Find using email DIFFICULT? Get someone to install 'Inbox' for you
- Back to the ... drawing board: 'Hoverboard' will disappoint Marty McFly wannabes
- Google+ goes TITSUP. But WHO knew? How long? Anyone ... Hello ...