2 posts • joined 3 Jan 2008
€3 bn ebay fraud is worth the risk
If 76 people really made three billion Euro, I am going to give up moonlighting as a taxi driver. Ebay here I come - heck I´d probably only get a suspended sentence.
Start of a Nokia-Google Partnership?
Telcos don´t have a glue about integrating internet services with their legacy networks. They have nightmares about losing their remaining customers to the new competition. So the telcos love it when someone talks about lowering churn and the possibility of controlling new markets.
I agree with all of the previous comments. Nokia seems to have overpaid for a company that is really just selling an integrated customer record database. Integrating a Network Directory Server, a Home Location Register, a Home Subscriber Server, and a AAA server is no big deal. Apertio had no difficulty doing this when it bought netzwert three months ago.
It´s laughable to imagine nokia persuading telcos, MVNOs and MNVEs that they should buy an integrated NDS to capture the mobile advertising market before google arrives.
The €140m purchase makes sense, however, if nokia wants to work with google.
- Breaking news: Google exec veep in terrifying SKY PLUNGE DRAMA
- Geek's Guide to Britain Kingston's aviation empire: From industry firsts to Airfix heroes
- Analysis Happy 2nd birthday, Windows 8 and Surface: Anatomy of a disaster
- Google CEO Larry Page gives Sundar Pichai keys to the kingdom
- Something for the Weekend, Sir? SKYPE has the HOTS for my NAKED WIFE