2 posts • joined 3 Jan 2008
€3 bn ebay fraud is worth the risk
If 76 people really made three billion Euro, I am going to give up moonlighting as a taxi driver. Ebay here I come - heck I´d probably only get a suspended sentence.
Start of a Nokia-Google Partnership?
Telcos don´t have a glue about integrating internet services with their legacy networks. They have nightmares about losing their remaining customers to the new competition. So the telcos love it when someone talks about lowering churn and the possibility of controlling new markets.
I agree with all of the previous comments. Nokia seems to have overpaid for a company that is really just selling an integrated customer record database. Integrating a Network Directory Server, a Home Location Register, a Home Subscriber Server, and a AAA server is no big deal. Apertio had no difficulty doing this when it bought netzwert three months ago.
It´s laughable to imagine nokia persuading telcos, MVNOs and MNVEs that they should buy an integrated NDS to capture the mobile advertising market before google arrives.
The €140m purchase makes sense, however, if nokia wants to work with google.
- 'Windows 9' LEAK: Microsoft's playing catchup with Linux
- Infosec geniuses hack a Canon PRINTER and install DOOM
- Game Theory Half a BILLION in the making: Bungie's Destiny reviewed
- Review A SCORCHIO fatboy SSD: Samsung SSD850 PRO 3D V-NAND
- Was Earth once covered in HELLFIRE? No – more like a wet Sunday night in Iceland