2 posts • joined Thursday 3rd January 2008 23:44 GMT
Start of a Nokia-Google Partnership?
Telcos don´t have a glue about integrating internet services with their legacy networks. They have nightmares about losing their remaining customers to the new competition. So the telcos love it when someone talks about lowering churn and the possibility of controlling new markets.
I agree with all of the previous comments. Nokia seems to have overpaid for a company that is really just selling an integrated customer record database. Integrating a Network Directory Server, a Home Location Register, a Home Subscriber Server, and a AAA server is no big deal. Apertio had no difficulty doing this when it bought netzwert three months ago.
It´s laughable to imagine nokia persuading telcos, MVNOs and MNVEs that they should buy an integrated NDS to capture the mobile advertising market before google arrives.
The €140m purchase makes sense, however, if nokia wants to work with google.
- Pic Suffering SPITZER! Boffins discover Milky Way's MISSING ARMS
- Antique Code Show Sega’s Out Run: Even better than the wheel thing
- Tube be or not tube be: Apple’s CYLINDRICAL Mac Pro is out tomorrow
- Oi, bank manager. Only you've got my email address - where're these TROJANS coming from?
- Go on, buy Bitcoin. But DON'T say we didn't WARN YOU