2 posts • joined 26 Mar 2007
Yes, that is the L root server and if you look at the weeks range by Node you can see that it has a lot heavier load over the last day and a bit as well, it starts spiking at the end of the 28th.
The spike is in IPv4 traffic for A type queries.
What is interesting is that it appears to be from two subnets responsible.
The 184.108.40.206 subnet (country code AU) as that has gone from a mean query rate of 300 q/s (a week ago) to 1500 q/s this week
The 220.127.116.11 subnet (country code IN) has gone from about 300 q/s to 900 q/s
Also the recursion desired has gone from less than 1000 to just under 4000.
Sounds like a good plot for a movie
oh wait, there already is one
- Vid Hubble 'scope snaps 200,000-ton chunky crumble conundrum
- Bugger the jetpack, where's my 21st-century Psion?
- Google offers up its own Googlers in cloud channel chumship trawl
- Interview Global Warming IS REAL, argues sceptic mathematician - it just isn't THERMAGEDDON
- Windows 8.1 Update 1 spewed online a MONTH early – by Microsoft