2 posts • joined 26 Mar 2007
Yes, that is the L root server and if you look at the weeks range by Node you can see that it has a lot heavier load over the last day and a bit as well, it starts spiking at the end of the 28th.
The spike is in IPv4 traffic for A type queries.
What is interesting is that it appears to be from two subnets responsible.
The 22.214.171.124 subnet (country code AU) as that has gone from a mean query rate of 300 q/s (a week ago) to 1500 q/s this week
The 126.96.36.199 subnet (country code IN) has gone from about 300 q/s to 900 q/s
Also the recursion desired has gone from less than 1000 to just under 4000.
Sounds like a good plot for a movie
oh wait, there already is one
- Crawling from the Wreckage Want a more fuel efficient car? Then redesign it – here's how
- Human spaceships dodge ALIEN BODY skimming Mars
- Review Xperia Z3: Crikey, Sony – ANOTHER flagship phondleslab?
- Downrange Are you a gun owner? Let us in OR ELSE, say Blighty's top cops
- Origins of SEXUAL INTERCOURSE fished out of SCOTTISH LAKE