1 post • joined 25 Dec 2007
mark, it is time to forgive
QPW was certainly the best of its time. But the biggest problem out the gate wasn't the contents of the files, but the BOX itself. For it said "WinDOS" on it, the initial release being a bundle of Quattro Pro for Windows (Win) and the original Quattro Pro for DOS (DOS).
Some retailers such as Fry's didn't know that "WinDOS" meant Windows & DOS, and filed QPW away in some dark corner of the store. Similarly, customers did not know what "WinDOS" was, but to a person they were sure it wasn't DOS and it wasn't Windows. Needless to say this did not help matters. So the box got reprinted.
Which brings the story 'round. Sometimes the drama of the small stage unfolds under the dark sky of a greater mystery.
In any case, it is time for you to forgive the Borland artisans for whom, minor profanity or not, Quattro Pro for Windows was a labor of love.
"Again Jesus said[to the disciples], "Peace be with you! As the Father has sent me, I am sending you." And with that he breathed on them and said, "Receive the Holy Source. If you forgive anyone his sins, they are forgiven; if you do not forgive them, they are not forgiven." (John 20:21-23)
- Put down that Oracle database patch: It could cost $23,000 per CPU
- The END of the FONDLESLAB KINGS? Apple and Samsung have reason to FEAR
- Pics It's Google HQ - the British one: Reg man snaps covert shots INSIDE London offices
- DAYS from end of life as we know it: Boffins tell of solar storm near-miss
- Bose decides today IS F*** With Dre Day: Beats sued in patent spat