2 posts • joined 24 Dec 2007
Eclipse3.1.2/Equinox is also the core of the WebSphere Application Server 6.1
I've written a lot on this for IBM magazines and a RedBook (to be published soon), but Eclipse 3.1.2 / Equinox / OSGI is also the core of WAS, and provides benefit to its architecture. Check out the plugin and configuration directories, and the OSGI console shell script in the bin directory...
Maybe sites won't be customised for IE now and break other browsers
As a developer I usually have to customise for IE, but then get fed up that sites that are customised for IE won't work with browsers that do follow standards. Maybe more sites will now properly support Firefox, Opera, Safari, etc.....
In all fairness to them, Vista is over complex, but MS are getting better on the standards front. AD is now properly RFC compliant for Kerberos (RFC 1510) and POSIX User representation (RFC2307)......
- YARR! Pirates walk the plank: DMCA magnets sink in Google results
- Pics Whisper tracks its users. So we tracked down its LA office. This is what happened next
- Review Xperia Z3: Crikey, Sony – ANOTHER flagship phondleslab?
- Ex-US Navy fighter pilot MIT prof: Drones beat humans - I should know
- OnePlus One cut-price Android phone on sale to all... for 1 HOUR