5 posts • joined 19 Dec 2007
I sleep with my eyes open :o(
I barely trust the words...
..."wireless" and "smart" in a mobile phone, never mind a gun!
I can't be bothered going back to the story from here right now but I'm not sure why the "wireless" element is at all necessary, unless they mean it literally i.e. the cartridge is wireless from the rifle when its fired and explodes. Otherwise, if there's some sort of wireless communication between the gun and the cartridge within the barrel, why isn't it done via some sort of physical connection, surely this would improve reliability and offer various other improvements?
@ thomas k
"With IE6...In full-screen mode has buttons, menu and address bar, all in a very thin band across the top of my screen - can't duplicate that with Firefox, no matter how hard I try (maybe I'm doing it wrong)"
For some reason when I press F11 my FF browser (v. 126.96.36.199) does *exactly* what you're describing here, although TBH I can't remember if it did this before the latest update or not.
How/why wouldn't they know...
"In 2002, officials believe debris from a 7,000lb science satellite smacked into the Earth's atmosphere and rained down over the Persian Gulf"
They couldn't be sure because the "Made in Taiwan" sticker burned up on re-entry I guess
Life on Mars...
I'm sorry but unless I see the Golden Arches or a crushed Coke can...there simply is no life on Mars...
- 'Kim Kardashian snaps naked selfies with a BLACKBERRY'. *Twitterati gasps*
- Pics Facebook's Oculus unveils 360-degree VR head tracking 'Crescent Bay' prototype
- Crawling from the Wreckage THE DEATH OF ECONOMICS: Aircraft design vs flat-lining financial models
- Bargain basement iPhone shoppers BEWARE! eBay exposes users to phishing vuln
- Google+ GOING, GOING ... ? Newbie Gmailers no longer forced into mandatory ID slurp