Why Warner Bros. will go HD DVD exclusive in the end?
I am not 100% sure which way Warner Bros. will go. HD DVD? Or Blu-Ray? They do have to choose one side. And I believe they will make a decision at the CES 2008 coming in January 2008. I really believe they are leaning toward HD DVD despite all the baseless rumours of a Blu-Ray exclusive contract. Despite the high Blu-Ray Warner title sales, I cannot for a million years believe that Warner will rely on a bunch of PS3 gamers to sustain a format which should have died about 1 year ago. It just does not make sense.
HD DVD has sold OVER 750,000 Stand Alone HD DVD players. Many of them are most likely under the Christmas Tree, and HD DVD has been gaining momentum along with a price point to sustain mass adoption. I am very sure Toshiba & Microsoft have a plan in place, because they’ve been kind of quiet lately despite Sony & the Blu-Ray Association’s rumbling about the completely fraudulent Neilson Video Scan numbers and their pathetic BOGOF sales just to offset any popular HD DVD release. Blu-Ray acts like a bunch of desperate BABY’s for goodness sakes LOL,
Why should Warner Bros. Choose HD DVD exclusively?
1) HD DVD is a consumer friendly format
2) HD DVD has finished specs and guaranteed compatibility with anything that possesses the HD DVD logo etc.
3) HD DVD has sold the most SAL players in North America. No game system driving this format, just people that buy the players to watch Hi Def movies.
4) Highest attach rate than any other Hi Def format out their today.
5) HD DVD is at a price point for Mass Adoption.
Why Warner Bros. Should not go Blu-Ray exclusive?
1) Blu-Ray is “NOT” Consumer Friendly
2) Blu-Ray is not standardized. It’s a profile plagued format with future incompatibilities with newer titles & players. Several different profiles & fraudulent tactics forcing customers to buy newer Blu-Ray compatible players.
3) Blu-Ray should be called PS3-Ray. Without the PS3, Blu-Ray would have died long ago. I wouldn’t rely on a format that is solely driven by a game system. Many PS3 owners don’t have HDTV’s and many don’t even know they have a BD playing device.
4) Blu-Ray has the worst attach rate than any other Hi Def format out today. Proof that not all Blu-Ray PS3 owners buy Blu-Ray movies.
5) Blu-Ray is way too expensive especially when 99% of all their Stand Alone players will not fully support future Blu-Ray movie titles.
This is the way I look at it after the FACTS.
Warner Bros. Is not a stupid studio, they are researching & investigating HD DVD & Blu-Ray from day one. HD DVD holds the best attach rate which is what Warner Bros. should be looking at for future success. The more HD DVD SAL players are being seeded into people’s homes, the more future movie sales will go up. If they fall victim to Sony’s PS3 sales, then we are all in big trouble. I would rather have Warner Bros. support people that actually buy HD DVD stand alone players to watch movies and not a bunch of occasional PS3 gamers buying movies.