3 posts • joined 5 Dec 2007
0845 local rate?
0845 ISN'T charged at the standard local rate - if it were then I would be able to call VM for free in the evenings! To be the same as a local call then I suggest their support number should be a geographical one. (Is there such a thing as a "local rate" any more - isn't it the same to make a call to your neighbour as it is to make a call to someone 200 miles away?)
VAT was abolished - but only on Gold coins - people were buying gold coins in, say, Jersey VAT free then selling them in the UK for cost + VAT a very nice risk free 17.5% profit!
Time for Wendy Alexander to resign
Since when has "Unintentional wrongdoing" been a defence in either English or Scottish law? Or is it a defence reserved exclusively for politicians?
- Does Apple's iOS 7 make you physically SICK? Try swallowing version 7.1
- Fee fie Firefox: Mozilla's lawyers probe Dell over browser install charge
- Pics Indestructible Death Stars blow up planets with glowing KILL RAY
- Video Snowden: You can't trust SPOOKS with your DATA
- Hands on Satisfy my scroll: El Reg gets claws on Windows 8.1 spring update