3 posts • joined 5 Dec 2007
"Microsoft is to develop IE8 so that it follows web standards by default and will retain a controversial mode switching proposal."
How about they develop a piece of software that:
b) does what other variants do
c) doesn't remotely try to be better by "switching modes"
It's so annoying as a web systems developer to have to add in extra hacks to make things look the same in a MS browser as they do in REAL browsers!
Having said that, I think I may start adopting the attitude towards MS users that Geoff Mackenzie has
..are part of the group, but we all know that when HTML 5 is released, they will re-write the browser to only support the bits that they support along with adding in features that they feel are missing!
I'm glad i'm free of Windows at work now - I love my Linux box!
I used to have an account with their "StreamLine" face, but recently ditched it after the growing amounts of spam and diabolical "Control Panel" - you couldn't control anything with that piece of crap
- +Comment Anti-Facebook Ello: Here's why we're still in beta. SPAMGASM!
- Vid+Pics Microsoft unwraps WINDOWS 10: Seven ate Nine. Or 8 did, anyway
- NASA rover Curiosity drills HOLE in MARS 'GOLF COURSE'
- George Clooney, WikiLeaks' lawyer wife hand out burner phones to wedding guests
- Business is back, baby! Hasta la VISTA, Win 8... Oh, yeah, Windows 9