1 post • joined 4 Dec 2007
What about the 6500?
We had Serial #001 CDC 6500 at Michigan State University in the early 70s. Learned Fortran, LISP, and played wicked Star Trek on that beast. I loved the SCOPE OS. It was nice. It was clean. It was almost as good as Unix! Anyway, thanks for this blast from the past, as an operator, we could also have great fun getting the tape drives to open and close in sequence. Grand old machines. You are right, it's a shame modern 'puter designers can't take a lesson from the greats of the past!
- Leaked screenshots show next Windows kernel to be a perfect 10
- Amazon warming up 'cheapo web video' cannon to SINK Netflix
- Something for the Weekend, Sir? I need a password to BRAKE? What? No! STOP! Aaaargh!
- Episode 13 BOFH: WHERE did this 'fax-enabled' printer UPGRADE come from?
- Vulture at the Wheel Ford's B-Max: Fiesta-based runaround that goes THUNK