1 post • joined Monday 3rd December 2007 20:49 GMT
I certainly remember the 6600
I joined CDC UK in 1970 and was first employed at the University of London Computer Centre which had a 6600 and later a 6400 and 7600. SIA in Victoria also had a 6600. I remember being blown away at the way the Cray team had designed the hardware. Brilliant!!! I still remember tuning clocks and 7 inches being equivalent to a Nanosecond. Ho Hum
- Geek's Guide to Britain INSIDE GCHQ: Welcome to Cheltenham's cottage industry
- 'Catastrophic failure' of 3D-printed gun in Oz Police test
- Game Theory Is the next-gen console war already One?
- Analysis Spam and the Byzantine Empire: How Bitcoin tech REALLY works
- Apple cored: Samsung sells 10 million Galaxy S4 in a month