3 posts • joined 3 Dec 2007
Weebl had it right...all together now-
'They are LOST on a magical island and nobody knows where they are'
I'll get my coat.
So Pioneer back DVD-R do they?
It's interesting that the only Dual Layer discs that my Pioneer standalone will play are DVD+R, while my PC drive will play either format
XP64 vs Vista64
I recently built a brand new PC for myself and decided to put Vista Home Premium 64 on it. After three months I just couldn't live with it any longer and rebuilt the machine with XP64 instead. My main issues were insanely long file transfer/deletion times, incredibly slow bootup times and constant crashes of Vista's IE7. That's not even mentioning the fact that Vista didn't recognise all my RAM, the trouble I had getting several essential programs to run and the frequent 'fugue states' the machine would go into, just hanging for 5-10 seconds. With XP64, the machine boots incredibly quickly, runs smoothly, and doesn't prevent me from running the programs that I want to run. Vista (or Fista as a friend put it) is incredibly secure, because it won't let me do anything I want to! Until MS sort out the fundamental problems with Vista, I will be making it my job to tell everyone I meet not to 'upgrade'.
- +Comment Anti-Facebook Ello: Here's why we're still in beta. SPAMGASM!
- Vid+Pics Microsoft unwraps WINDOWS 10: Seven ate Nine. Or 8 did, anyway
- NASA rover Curiosity drills HOLE in MARS 'GOLF COURSE'
- George Clooney, WikiLeaks' lawyer wife hand out burner phones to wedding guests
- Business is back, baby! Hasta la VISTA, Win 8... Oh, yeah, Windows 9